Wednesday

March 25


My first taste of summer!

Armed with new sunglasses and lots of sunblock, I hopped into the Urvan which took us 3 hours south of Manila. Katarina, of course, was with us, all-excited and chattering the whole time. She had studied her little trusty map so much that she kept name-dropping places we've never even heard of--we had a grand time acting all knowledgeable.



We arrived at Playa Calatagan at around 11am. The place is so beautiful, I would say even more so than Punta Fuego. It's also very exclusive. They have a no-swimsuit-no-swimming policy, so whatcha gona do about that? Bring it on! My officemate Queenie had to wear a two-piece.

We had a lazy afternoon eating halohalo and turon a la mode. And then, much to our regret, it was time to go home. On our way back to Manila we dropped by the country's oldest lighthouse.


It was on the ride home that it hit me--I actually had fun today. Since my boyfriend and I broke up I had a really hard time getting along each day. But now I can choose to be...oh well, I dont know.

Happy.







0 comments: